Ayano lives in Japan and is a mother of two girls ages 11 months and almost three-year-old. Ayano has had experience with woven wraps but never the DidyGo Onbuhimo. Her two girls are the perfect age to play with DidyGo at 11 months and almost 3-years-old. Ayano and her two sweet girls enjoyed some back carry babywearing adventures.
The DidyGo Onbuhimo is a simple design that has its roots in Japan. It is intended for carrying children who can sit unassisted. It looks a bit like a backpack and is put on and taken off just as fast and as easily. The DidyGo is lightweight and fits folded in any bag – very convenient when ON THE GO! In addition, this carrier is a good choice when pregnant as it has no waist belt and is used primarily for back carries. No pressure on a growing belly!
First Impressions. Ayano says…
It was certainly very easy to wear. The fabric was soft and lightweight, and it was convenient to carry. There was less burden on my shoulder. It was easy to put my girls in a nice high position by pulling on the straps and they both enjoyed being carried in the DidyGo Onbuhimo.
DidyGo or Woven Wrap?
While using the DidyGo Onbuhimo, it felt more like I was carrying my girls rather than wearing them like I do in a woven wrap. Compared the woven wrap, my children sat a bit lower and I sensed that it felt a bit tighter for them. I was still able to stay in good contact with my girls when in the DidyGo carrier. It is much better than the other structured carriers I have tried! The girls did begin to feel heavy when they were carried for longer periods but it was very convenient when in a hurry or for carrying for shorter periods of time.
Cool Features about the DidyGo Onbuhimo
- It can be difficult to make a good seat for back carries when using a woven wrap. The DidyGo has a built-in seat so back carries are simplified. It is easy to use and convenient, so any can use this carrier safely.
- This carry does not have a hem, so it’s good for rainy days. Nothing to drag on the ground in puddles.
- I thought it was a very good carrier when in hurry or for a short period of use.
Ayano is wearing the beautiful Summer Mosaic featuring a beautiful colour combination of Cyclamen, Turquoise, Teal and White. The fabric is specially woven from 100% high-quality organic cotton.
View the complete Mosaic collection here.
A special THANK YOU to Ayano and her baby girls for sharing with us their thoughts and impressions.
The DidyGo Onbuhimo by Didymos
Didymos has been making high quality baby carriers since 1972. It all began with their woven wraps made from organic cotton. Their product range grew over the years and now includes a style to suit all needs. All are completely adjustable to suit all shapes and sizes.
DIDYMOS Baby Carriers:
- DIDYMOS Woven Wrap, the original that started it all;
- DidyTai Meh-Dai, a structured panel for baby with wrap fabric for the waist and shoulders;
- DidySling Ring Sling, a convenient one-shouldered carrier;
- DidyKlick, which offers a buckled waistband and comfortable wrap straps for the shoulders;
- DidyGo Onbuhimo, a waistless baby carrier intended for quick back carries.